The 2022 Fifa World Cup that is scheduled to be held in Qatar has had very many issues and complications arising from the voting process that took place in December 2010 and now the organizers of the event have come out denying the allegations that Qatar won the bidding unfairly.
Sunday Times published a report that alleged Mohamed Bin Hammam who is the former Asian Football Confederation president paid close to 3 million euros so as to win the support in the bidding process.
This print media said that it is in possession of the documents, accounts and even emails that Bin Hammam used in the payment process aimed at paying back the officials who voted for Qatar.
The other statement that was issued last week Sunday says that Bin Hammam did not play any role as far as the voting process for the 2022 World Cup is concerned.
The statement said that ethics and integrity are the key values that are always considered by Qatar 2022 Bid Committee as far as the hosting of the 2022 FIFA World Cup is concerned. The Qatar 2022 Bid Committee said that they are working together with the investigation process underway.
Michael Garcia who is the chief investigator at FIFA is the one carrying out the investigations. The committee said that they are full of confidence that when the investigations come to an end, it will be found that indeed they won the bid in a fair voting process.
The committee further says that they will follow the required steps to defend their integrity and their lawyers are also working on the mater.
They add that Qatar has the right to host the 2022 tournament since it was the best bid and moreover, it was the time FIFA World Cup to be held in the Middle East.
When these allegations will be proven, then FIFA will have no option but to have the 2022 bidding process be re-run. Michael Garcia is now left to complete the investigation process so as to make the right decision.